Treble Cone's Family Chill Zone
New in 2016, Treble Cone Ski Area (Wanaka, New Zealand) now offers the use of a free Family Chill Zone, believed to be the first of its kind.
The Family Chill Zone provides a new indoor dedicated room for parents with infants and toddlers to relax, either for a few minutes or a couple of hours, away from the excited bustle of the cafes in a room specifically furnished as a child and parent friendly environment.
The room which is approximately 36 sqm in size with under-floor heating is fitted with arm chairs for parents and small children, tables and chairs for drawing, children’s books, a high chair and a change table.
This area is located adjoining the Triple Treat Ready-to-Eat cafe is exclusively available to parents with their young children and is completely free of charge to access and use.
Treble Cone has lead the way with many initiatives specifically to support families;
• The first NZ ski area to offer family lift passes
• The only mountain to offer free beginner lifts and dedicated learning area
• Introduced the Jazz Kids Fun Trail
• Offers kids ski hire by the hour for children under that age of 6
• Introduced Burton Riglet Boards
• Free helmet rental for children
• The Kids Specific Trail Map where kids earn stickers as they progress
The Family Chill Zone is designed to make enjoying Treble Cone a little easier and more comfortable for parents with young children.