YHA Te Anau
This Qualmark 4+ star rated Te Anau hostel continually impresses guests with its unique homely atmosphere and cosy budget accommodation just a block from the shores of the gorgeous blue Lake Te Anau. YHA Te Anau’s lovely lounge has a fireplace and offers plenty of couch space to sink into with a book or while watching one of our free movies. The Te Anau hostel’s shiny stainless steel kitchen is fully equipped and we have fresh spices and herbs growing in our ‘Edible Garden’ so you can cook up your gourmet meal with ease.
This Te Anau backpackers also has the perfect outdoor deck and private native garden with a massive barbeque to get grilling on. There's plenty to entertain the family, with our overflowing games cupboard, book exchange, extensive free VHS and DVD hire, internet and SKYPE access, and Fiordland National Park right on our doorstep! Accommodation comes in a range of rooms, from doubles and twins, to small share dormitories, and some rooms with ensuites.
Special features at YHA Te Anau that you will love:
- Fantastic location just a block from Lake Te Anau and 100 metres from the Te Anau’s town centre.
- YHA Te Anau has a self-contained 2 bedroom house that is ideal for families. It has a deck, lounge, kitchen, yard and covered garage. One room is a twin room, the other has a double bed and bunks. In total, this house sleeps up to 6 people. Note: both rooms don't have to be booked if not required to stay in this self-contained two bedroom house, a one bedroom booking is able.
- Cosy, comfortable and super-clean backpacker accommodation with a variety of excellently equipped common spaces.
- Free herbs and spices in the YHA Te Anau ‘Edible Garden’ as well free tea and coffee in the winter months to keep you warm.
- Overflowing games cupboard, book exchange, extensive free VHS and DVD hire for great evening entertainment.
- Computers with Skype, CD/DVD burning, USB ports and internet connection. (Vouchers for internet may be used at any YHA hostel throughout New Zealand.)