YHA Mount Cook
Youth hostel and family accommodation in Mount Cook Village
This spacious, alpine lodge style accommodation is right in the heart of the Southern Alps and Mount Cook National Park. We offer double and twin rooms, or 3, 4 or 6 bed private rooms, as well as family rooms with a double bed and bunk. The hostel has warm and inviting living areas with Sky TV, videos and games, internet, central heating throughout, cosy fire and a free sauna! The hostel is eco-friendly and has a garden and BBQ area, as well as being a couple of minutes stroll from local restaurants, DOC office and the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre. Surrounded by open space, with bike hire available, this is an ideal family location in one of the most stunning settings in New Zealand.
Special features at YHA Mt Cook that your family will love:
- Absolutely stunning location in the heart of Aoraki Mount Cook village.
- Can’t go past the free sauna to keep frostbite at bay!
- Central heating throughout the Mt Cook hostel has a cosy fire too.
- Great entertainment on offer: free videos, free games, Sky TV and guitars to sing along to in a cosy and warm lounge.
- YHA Mt Cook works with DOC to protect the natural environment of the Aoraki Mount Cook National Park.
- WiFi access throughout as well as card and coin internet access.
- Spacious rooms
- Relaxed and homely with warming and inviting living areas
- BBQ and picnic area outside
- Local tour bookings desk
- Other facilities include: locker storage, luggage storage, bicycle storage and library exchange