YHA Lake Tekapo
Located right on the lakefront with unobstructed views of this amazing, glacier-fed lake and the mountains beyond. The lounge area overlooks the lake and is a comfortable and cosy retreat. In winter relax in front of the fire with the friendly hostel cat on your lap or take turns making music on the piano or guitar. The accommodation is family-friendly (a cot is available) and accessible for disabled.
The kitchen is well-equipped including a rice cooker, panini toaster and herbs, spices, sugar, tea and coffee - all provided free. The hostel common room has DVDs and books available, plus we have a BBQ area and mini-supermarket. The beach front and Tekapo village are just a few minutes walk away.
Special features at YHA Lake Tekapo:
- The amazing views directly over beautiful blue Lake Tekapo right from the hostel.
- You’ll feel like you’ve come home at YHA Lake Tekapo – the fire, the cat and the live music.
- Amazing travel booking service at YHA Lake Tekapo for New Zealand and international travel!
- The whole YHA Lake Tekapo hostel can be hired out for groups and team building. (Especially now that Tekapo has conference facilities.)
- Family friendly - cot available
- Excellent self-catering kitchen with free herbs and spices for cooking up something special.
- Keep your caffeine levels up with free tea and coffee in the kitchen and in double room accommodation.
- Facilities include: BBQ, disabled facilities, locker storage, bicycle storage, library exchange, TV room and more.