The Fat Lamb
The Fat Lamb
Welcome to our historic restaurant overlooking the Mall! The Fat Lamb showcases New Zealand produce in a wholesome, tasty and generous way. Specialising in New Zealand lamb that is sustainably sourced; it's all about the local paddock, to the plate.
Enjoy the unique setting of The Fat Lamb, offering inside or outside dining - right in the heart of Queenstown's only pedestrianised street. Choose to sit in the alcove above looking up to the Gondola and mountains as you overlook all the action below, enjoy the cozy sophisticated atmosphere within or sit outside - where you can get a glimpse of the lake and the best seats for people watching.
Specialising in locally raised lamb raised in New Zealand’s iconic hill and high country, free range. Our ribs, chargrilled neck fillet, osso bucco and lamb shoulder are all crafted with Te Mana lamb. With farms as near by as Walter Peak Station in Queenstown, we know we are sourcing produce right from our backyard.
From the paddock includes some delicious veggie options, if you have already had our lamb - try one of our seafood or chicken creations - or the best burgers in town! We guarantee the will be something on our menu to keep each member of the whole family happy.
Open for brunch and into the evening - stop by for relaxing meal, casual drinks, and enjoy an exceptional kiwi dining experience.
Sample menu items
* Lamb Shoulder (Te Mana) (to share, 2 or more people) oyster cut, slow cooked for 6 hours, semolina potatoes & seasonal vegetables
* Moroccan Kebabs — Local honey, wild thyme, tabouli, herb salad, dukkah yoghurt
* Ribs (Te Mana) — ouzo, thyme, maple, fennel, apple (gf df)
* Braised Free Range Chicken Leg (Waitoa) marinated in olive, date & oregano, a bed of creamy parmesan polenta & chard
* Fish’n’chips — crumbed southland sole, tartare sauce, fermented cabbage
* Seafood Stew — Tomato and white bean broth, mussels, clams, squid, octopus, prawn, saffron mayo (gf df)
* Marlborough Green Lipped Mussels
* Burgers - Beef, Chicken and of course lamb!
From the Garden
* Braised lentils, grilled eggplant, fermented beets, sumac, natural yoghurt, fresh herbs
* Couscous, apricot, almond, preserved carrot, chard, broccolini, ricotta, olive oil
* Chive new potatoes, olives, capers, confit tomatoes, salted cucumber, gem lettuce, za'atar dressing
Then there is Brunch!
* Kiwi Farmers Breakfast — Twice cooked potatoes, two fried eggs, pork apple and sage sausage, baked beans, bacon (gf df)
* Omelette *Free range eggs, ricotta, spinach, peas, edamame beans, lemon, mint (gf v) * Creamy Portobello Mushrooms
* Avocado & Confit Tomatoes
Kids menu, starters and of course desserts if you have room!
Great kids menu >> Our combo kids menu, includes a drink, main and a dessert for $16