Huka Falls is New Zealand’s most visited natural attraction, and its easy to realise why when you see these falls for yourself. Impressive in their volume and mesmerisingly majestic to watch. This 1/2 hour experience with Hukafalls Jet, which is the only jet boat company operating on this section section of the Waikato River and permitted to take you right up to the base of Huka Falls; will have you jet boating past native bush, sheer rock walls and natural hot springs. Combined with their trademark 360° spins, your family with all these thrills, fun and excitement, will be calling out for more! Hukafalls Jet is most definitely a 'must-do family' activity when visiting Taupo.
What you need to know
- Hukafalls Jet operates 364 days a year (excludes Christmas Day), weather permitting, from the Wairakei Tourist Park.
- If you are in Taupo, a courtesy coach will transfer you from your accommodation on request FREE of charge (allow one hour return).
- Hukafalls Jet will provide life jackets. These are mandatory.
- Spray Jackets will also be provided depending on the weather.
Note: Children must be one meter tall in order to ride Hukafalls Jet.
What to bring
- Still cameras in cases are welcome on board but at your own risk. Video cameras are not permitted.
- Bags are not permitted on the boat for safety reasons.
- Coming in Summer? It is recommended to bring sunglasses and sunblock.
- Coming in Winter? Remember to bring a hat gloves, jacket and warm clothing. Handrails are heated for your comfort.
Freephone: 0800 485253 (within NZ)