Go Orange Milford Sound Cruise
Coach + Cruise or just Cruise!
Our newly-refurbished vessel gives you plenty of space, outward facing seats, viewing areas – and the opportunity for you and your family to have a relaxed interaction with Milford Sound without being shoulder to shoulder with others! Get excited as we nose right into the waterfalls and the fiord’s sheer cliff faces and look out for the fiord’s wildlife!
Cruise Milford Sound for two hours on board the Milford Haven. You can enjoy exclusively brewed XPA beer on tap and a selection of food sourced from local eateries from the on board café. With soft outward facing seats and comfy booths there is plenty of places to sit indoors. The top deck boasts an AstroTurf roof with a communal wooden bench seat and a bar, this is the best place to sit and take in 360 degree views of the Fiord. We take you up close and personal.
Milford Sound is home to unique birds and wildlife; view seals chilling on the rocks and playing in the shallows just meters away. On occasion dolphins, whales, and the very rare Fiordland Crested Penguin visit the sound providing privileged photo opportunities.
Take in spectacular views as these majestic mountains plunge into the deep waters of Fiordland; their ancient hanging rainforests give way to towering waterfalls. Gaze up at iconic Mitre Peak; get with the adventure and experience 100% pure nature as we pause under Stirling Falls – Milford Sound’s second highest permanent waterfall. This is awesome, put on a rain poncho & get wet (if you want to). Denis, our skipper swears it knocks 10 years off your age!
* As always with Nature everything is weather dependent. How far out to the Tasman Sea we will travel on the day will be weather dependent. We aim to make the cruise as comfortable and safe as possible.
Milford Sound – Kids Go Free and other offers
All school aged children (up to the the age of 18yrs) can travel for FREE on selected Milford Sound 2 hour day cruises during the New Zealand school holidays. Maximum 2 children per full fare-paying adult.
Dates and selected tours here >>
Milford Sound departure information
Choose from cruise-only (if you're making your own way to Milford Sound) or departures with Go Orange from Queenstown or Te Anau.
Select your cruise and make a booking here >>
• Make your way to the Milford Terminal in Milford Sound
• The drive from Queenstown will take five hours and three from Te Anau.
• Find a park in the customer parking and take the ten-minute nature walk to terminal
• Check in 15 minutes before your experience
• Board the newly refurbished ship
• Explore the boats different levels, order from the bar, grab a bite to eat and relax
• Get one of our exclusively brewed beers and enjoy the viewing deck
• Cruise for two hours up and down the Fiord, taking in the views
• As you depart the boat, watch your step and take the short walk back to the car park
• Drive safe back to your next destination
• Cruise for 2 hours
• Newly refurbished ship
• Outward facing seats
• Astroturf rooftop with communal bench seat
• Beer on tap & restaurant quality food available
• Dolphins, seals & penguins (if they decide to make an appearance)
What to bring
Non-slip shoes, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen and sunglasses, insect repellent and your camera. Please bring cash to make any food, beverage or merchandise purchases on board.
Other Go Orange Adventures
Cruise Doubtful Sound
With a maximum capacity of 45 passengers, our Doubtful Sound day cruise is offering the only small boat day cruise in this remote fiord. Our Doubtful Sound full day experience will take you to an untouched world of spectacular mountains and dramatic landscapes where nobody will be facebooking, tweeting, twerping or making phone calls.
Doubtful Sound, is quite simply awesome on a scale you won’t believe. Cruise across Lake Manapouri by ferry, then by coach cross the Southern Alps over the Wilmot Pass into Doubtful Sound. The isolation of this place makes the fiord a very unique place few people get to experience. In Doubtful Sound we spend 3 hours exploring the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea.
Read more on Doubtful Sound cruises here >>
Cruise and Kayak Milford Sound
Be dwarfed by Mitre Peak, Pembroke Glacier and thundering waterfalls from water level – this is truly amazing – and no paddle experience is required. Minimum age from 14 years depending on trip.
Check out our awesome kayak and cruise + kayak options here >>
Cruise and Kayak Doubtful Sound
Experience genuine fun and friendly sea kayaking on Doubtful Sound plus options for multi-day kayak + camping tours in Fiordland!
With a maximum capacity of 8 per guide, Go Orange Kayaks offers fantastic small group one-day or overnight kayaking experiences in this remote wilderness area. We’ll take you to an untouched world of spectacular mountains, lush rain forests and dramatic landscapes. Minimum age 16 years.
Read more on kayaking Doubtful Sound here >>