Flying Fox – Ziptrek Ecotours
1-3 hour tour options
New Zealand's original zipline tour is an exhilarating and fun adventure for the entire family. It is a must-do in Queenstown!
Ride the Skyline gondola to our tree-house, harness up and fly through the air as you traverse the forest on ziplines with our knowledgeable guides, who take care of everything technical, so you can sit back and enjoy the spectacular views of Queenstown from a unique angle. Ziptrek is a fun, guided adventure for the whole family that’s unforgettable, rain or shine!
Warm clothing and closed-toe footwear are essential, year-round. Looking to save time and money? Check out our combo or family deals! Check out the one-hour Kereru Tour featuring two ziplines and an incredible 21m drop!
* Tours run throughout the day, every day of the year
* Guests are encouraged to wear suitable outdoor clothing:
please wear closed toe shoes and extra layers as it's cooler in the tree canopy
* Sheltered platforms minimize exposure to the elements
* Tours include light stair climbing and trail walking Guests must be able to walk unassisted
* Weight and age restrictions apply – minimum age is 6 years. Please advise us if children are under 25kg at time of booking. Kea tour has a minimum weight of 25kgs. Tandems are offered on the Moa Tour if your child weighs less than 25kg.
* Guest must be a minimum of 15 years old to zip without a guardian
Ziptrek Treehouse, top of the Skyline Gondola
Allow 2 hours for Moa Tour and 3 hours for Kea Tour (not including Gondola travel)
Moa 4-line tour (4 ziplines) Adult $145, Child (6–14yrs) and Seniors (65+) $99
Kea 6-line tour (6 ziplines) Adult $195, Child (6–14yrs) and Seniors (65+) $149
Kereru Tour (2 ziplines + 21m drop) Adult or Child $99
Moa Tour: $399 for two adults and two children, additional child $80
* prices do not include Skyline Gondola access.
Guests check-in and meet their guides at the "Ziptrek Guest Services Tree", 100 metres to the left of the Skyline Gondola upper terminal. All guests will be fitted with a climbing harness and helmet.
The ziplines are gravity-fed, so guests do not have to worry about controlling their own speed. Two tour guides will accompany guests on their tour, one guide to connect (launch platform) and one guide to disconnect (landing platform) each and every guest.
The educational component provides a unique insight into the surrounding environment on both a local and global scale. Meanwhile, the ziplines provide an adrenaline rush like no other!
What to bring
* Wear comfortable, supportive athletic or hiking shoes. Open toed shoes, jandals and dress shoes are not permitted.
* Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather.
* Bags, purses or backpacks are allowed.
* Secure all loose items (keys, cameras, change, etc.) in a sealed pocket. Small still and videocameras are allowed if you can secure them in a pocket. Professional cameras and equipment may be brought with prior permission only as they can pose a security risk.
Do I need to make a booking?
Yes! We always recommend making bookings in advance. We book a maximum of 10 people on a tour and therefore can sell out quickly. In order to guarantee spots on the tour you want and at the time that will work best with you, please call our sales desk . The sooner you book the better! Please note that we have a 24 hour cancellation policy which alows you to change or cancel your tour 24 hours prior to the start of your tour.
COMBO UP – SAVE TIME AND MONEY!
Fly to new heights on ziplines through the trees plus add on one of these exciting activities! Combo activities can be taken on the same day or over multiple days. Since combo tour bookings require communication and planning between us and our agent partners, the combo tours are not able to be booked directly online. If you would like to book a combo tour, please select the enquire button that corresponds with your desired tour.
Zip & Kiwi Combo
No trip to New Zealand is complete without seeing our iconic Kiwi! Discover more about New Zealand’s rarest wildlife whilst exploring the oasis of our native forest. This combo combines a zip trek tour of your choice along with entry to the Kiwi Birdlife Park, located at the base of the gondola. ENQUIRE NOW >>>
Zip & Cruise Combo
A cruise on the iconic "Lady of the Lake" is one of the best ways to experience Queenstown's famed scenic beauty. Journey back in time on the 106 year old vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw. Visit the engine room and feel the heat from the giant steam engines at work. Explore the decks, chat to the captain and on the return journey a sing-along with the pianist is a guaranteed bit of fun! ENQUIRE NOW >>>
See our website for other combo deals.
For our latest current family offers check out https://www.ziptrek.co.nz/current-offers/
FREEPHONE: 0800 ZIPTREK (947 873) to book your Ziptrek adventure or book online now.