Departing daily from Dunedin's historic Railway Station, Dunedin Railways offers two family-friendly train trips.
Entertain your kids with a mix of fun and education by taking an excursion into some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and history.
On the Taieri Gorge excursion, be amazed at the engineering feats of the early pioneers, play a game of Spot the Baby Goats, count the tunnels, look for trout as you slowly cross Christmas Creek, or find Sue the Border Collie, all whilst taking those must-have photos from our open-air platforms. Or just sit back and relax while enjoying a drink or snack from our onboard cafe.
Or if ocean views are more to your liking, take a 2 hour journey on the Seasider, which navigates the twists and turns of ther spectacular cliffs above Blueskin Bay, experiencing views which cannot be seen from the road.
- Kids Go Free for all school holidays!
- Departs Dunedin daily
- Frequent stops at points of interest, allowing time for photos on the open air carriages.
- Carriages are fully-enclosed and have heating.
- Informative, live commentary on all trips.
- Toilets and refreshments on-board the train.