West Coast Treetop Walkway & Café - Hokitika
Only 15 minutes out of Hokitika is a treetop adventure where you will experience the birds high in the ancient Rimu and Kamahi tree canopy. With easy access that is pram and wheelchair friendly you will travel across a steel platform 20 metres high and over 450 metres long. Enjoy at your leisure a 45 minute to one hour stroll. Then when you are finished you can recharge the batteries with the wide range of options at the cafe.read more
- Web: bookings.bookitsecure.com/?23689-2905666
- Location: 1128 Woodstock-Rimu Road Hokitika, West Coast
Arahura Greenstone Tours
Arahura Greenstone Tours is a very special Maori cultural experience. Your Maori guides will share ancient legends and help you find their most coveted treasure, Greenstone, on a guided walk on the sacred Arahura River near Hokitika. Your guides have a unique connection to the Arahua and the local area that goes back many generations and enjoy sharing their knowledge and love of the West Coast, Hokitika and the Arahura River.read more
- Web: bookings.bookitsecure.com/?fccb5-2241238
- Location: PO Box 317, West Coast, Hokitika
Kiwi Guardian Outdoor Adventures
Get the kids outside to have some FREE family fun connecting with nature at Toyota Kiwi Guardians sites nationwide.
Toyota Kiwi Guardians highlights family-friendly, treasure hunt style activities at specific Department of Conservation sites that encourage kids to engage with the outdoors and, ultimately, earn themselves a medal for their efforts.
The goal of the conservation programme is to turn Kiwi kids into guardians of the land and sea.
A total of 50 sites are operational nationwide. Families can get started on their adventure by downloading the appropriate “treasure hunt” map from: www.kiwiguardians.co.nz
Click on the area of New Zealand nearest to where you are to find the choices available closest to home.read more
Fox Glacier Guiding
For an unforgettable family adventure take the kids on a breathtaking guided walk onto the world famous Fox Glacier with NZ's most experienced glacier guiding company. Situated in Glacier Country, is NZ’s largest commercially guided glacier. Offering a range of hiking trips and ice adventures to suit all fitness levels and ages. Minimum ages start from 5yrs.read more
- Web: bookings.bookitsecure.com/pub/supplier.aspx?a=KIDZGO&b=FOXGLD
- Location: Highway 6, Main street, Fox Glacier
Glacier Valley Eco Tours - Franz Josef
Providing families with quality, informative, friendly and relaxed eco-style tours. You can choose from either their Franz Josef or Fox Glacier eco walks (both 3 hours in duration) or their Lake Matheson (3.5 hours) eco walk. Great family rates, under 15's are half price and under 5's go free.read more
- Web: bookings.bookitsecure.com/?42231-2905663
- Location: SH6 Main Rd, Tartare River, Franz Josef
Hokitika Scenic Tours
* Discover the blue green waters of rock sided Hokitika Gorge.read more
* Walk among the native trees and bird life via treetop canopy at West Coast Treetop Walk & Cafe.
* Capture Dorothy Falls and tranquil Lake Kaniere - mirrored by snow capped southern alps & native rainforest.
* Climb aboard the Eco Adventurer Boat and cruise the Mahinapua waterways with stunning views of Mt Cook and Lake Mahinapua amongst the West Coast Wetlands, flora and fauna.
* Day trips to Punakaiki, Franz Josef & Fox Glacier available - phone or email today for all inquiries.
Pick up and drop off within the Hokitika area. From Greymouth Railway Station by arrangement.
- Web: bookings.bookitsecure.com/?231d8-2905690
- Location: Hokitika, West Coast
West Coast Surf
This beach provides both first timers with a safe and invigorating environment to learn in as well as providing some world class waves for the more experienced surfers. We offer lessons for new surfers and coaching for the more advanced levels looking to up their skills in the water.read more
- Web: bookings.bookitsecure.com/?cdb49-2905701
- Location: 299 Tauranga Bay Road, West Coast, Westport
Air Safaris Franz Josef
Our Grand Traverse scenic flights promise an incredible view of the mighty Franz and Fox Glaciers and rugged Westland National Park before traversing Mount Cook to explore the vast Mount Cook National Park. Every seat a window seat - get the big picture!read more
Buller Adventure Tours - Westport
Located in the Lower Buller Gorge on SH6 surrounded by native forest, the magnificent Paparoa Mountains and the mighty Buller River we offer jet boating adventures and horse back riding. Jet boat tours will have you enjoy 1 hour on the water travelling past massive rock walls, craggy overhangs and planing across shallow river beds and our horse treks through native forest, fresh water creeks and over sandy river beaches.
- Phone: 0508 486 877
- Location: 3603 Lower Buller Gorge Road, SH 6 Westport
Golden Sands Horse & Wagon Tours - Barrytown Beach
Offering your family the opportunity to travel in the footsteps of the early pioneers, down one of the west coast's most beautiful and unspoiled wild beach. Enjoy the following activities during your two hour experience: gem stone collecting, make damper bread, boil the billy over an open fire, wildlife spotting and photography. Note: this is a child friendly beach.read more
- Phone: 03 731 1136
- Location: 3456 Coast Road, Barrytown, near Punakaiki
Punakaiki Canoes - Punakaiki
Punakaiki Canoes offers rental and guided trips into the heart of the Paparoa National Park from Punakaiki. Kayaking on the Pororari is a favourite activity for first time paddlers and families. Many choose to spend an hour or two on the river after they have visited the Pancake Rocks. We provide lifejackets, wetsuits, booties and waterproof containers for cameras or lunch. All you need to bring is sun hat, sunglasses, camera, swimsuit and towel and warm clothes. We have a range of kayaks to suit different needs, this includes doubles as well as singles.read more
- Phone: 03 731 1870
- Location: Punakaiki, (1km north of Pancake Rocks), New Zealand
New Zealand Discovery Adventures Rainforest Cruise, Greymouth
This gentle, flat water float trip along the Arnold River takes you through some of the world's most beautiful rainforest scenery. Experience absolute silence which is broken only by the occasional birdcall.read more
Kids will love the trip too, with our 'Jungleboat Mystery' - 'Ahhh me Heartys! Where’s that Peter Pan & Wendy got to?!' We can't sprinkle fairly dust on them and make them fly, but kids will love making their own ‘Hook’ they can take away with them, plus playing in the Jungle Orchestra, put together on their cruise! Exact activities depend on kids' ages.
- Phone: 03 768 6649
- Location: 8 Whall St, Greymouth